Dr. Sandro Visini
Attorney at law / Partner, LL.M., University of Virginia
+ 41 44 225 15 25
download CV as PDF
Sandro Visini has been successfully providing one-stop advice to Swiss and foreign companies in the area of commercial or business law for a number of years. In particular, Sandro Visini is outside counsel of several Swiss subsidiaries of international manufacturers of passenger vehicles which sell and distribute vehicles in Switzerland and supports their day-to-day business and counsels on network issues. He litigates and arbitrates claims of his clients.
Sandro Visini started his career with a major law firm in Geneva. Further to obtaining a post-graduate degree in the United States and his admission to the New York bar, he practiced with a law firm in New York City in the field of international business law.
Areas of practice
Corporate and commercial law, distribution law, litigation, data protection law, labor law, landlord-tenant law.
- Since 1998: Partner, Wenner & Uhlmann (formerly Hürlimann Urech & Uhlmann), Zurich
- 1994 - 1997: Associate of McGuire Woods Battle & Boothe LLP, Zurich office, Richmond, U.S.A., attorneys, in association with Hürlimann Urech & Uhlmann
- 1990 – 1994: Associate, Pestalozzi Gmuer & Patry, attorneys, Zurich
- 1989 - 1990: Associate, Thomas Ré & Partners, attorneys, New York, New York
- 1985 - 1988: Associate, Patry, Junet, Simon & Le Fort, attorneys, Geneva
- 1983 - 1984: Clerk, Bülach (Zurich) District Court
- 1991: Admission to the New York bar
- 1989: LL.M., School of Law of the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, U.S.A
- 1985: Admission to the Zurich and Geneva bar
- 1983: Dr. iur., School of Law of the University of Zurich, magna cum laude
- 1981: lic. iur., School of Law of the University of Zurich, magna cum laude
Recent experience (selection)
- Advise Swiss subsidiaries of automobile manufacturers on day-to-day business (e.g., contractual issues, employment matters, data protection, advertising law) and network issues (e.g., distribution and antitrust issues).
- Advise Swiss food manufacturer on distribution and network issues in various jurisdictions.
- Set up and support the Swiss business operation of a California IT firm.
- Advise subsidiaries of international financiers in legal and regulatory matters.
- Advise subsidiaries of corporations domiciled in the U.K., U.S. and Israel on corporate and data protection matters, labor disputes and landlord-tenant issues.
- Zurich (ZAV) and Swiss (SAV) Bar Association