We have many years of experience in the field of media and press law respectively and advise private individuals as well as companies (for example the editorial board of a weekly newspaper), on particular issues relating to the protection of privacy and unfair competition. This also includes advice in related areas of the law, such as data protection and the protection of honour under criminal law.
Examples of our work:
- Representation of a media company in proceedings for damages due to unfair competition
- Representation of a media company in criminal proceedings due to libel and unfair competition
- Representation of a private individual against a media company due to a violation of personal rights (submission of a declaratory action or an action for restraint)
- Requesting a preliminary injunction relating to the broadcasting of a TV programme
- Advice in the context of the right to one's own image
In these areas, we also conduct corresponding court proceedings or proceedings before authorities.